See what I did to the title? Although measures against women and those against women harassment are meant to be opposites, I see them to be similar these days for the following reasons.
- The other day, we went out directly from college to a mall and one of my friends were asked to give up her pair of scissors at the mall entry check. Even though the fact that a student can casually have those, they were strictly removed. But to my eyes all that I saw was a bunch of corporates not making sense. To me, a girl these days should be legally allowed to carry a sword for her protection, let alone scissors.
- Whoever said that people abuse women only in dark lonely places, couldn’t be more wrong. They do it right in front of hundreds of people as well. Where you ask? At the checking process of the NEET examinations. I do not intend to blame the necessity of the exam. The exam is a great criteria to select to-be doctors. BUT I’ve personally seen such incidents at the checking hall where girls are asked to strip down because the metal detectors beeps at her bust level. It is even more sad that the people who check them tend to be women and even they cannot understand that bras do have metal pieces sometimes. “Wear a bra”, says the society, “remove them” says the selection committee.
- Now you may think I’m exaggerating, but I know for a fact that every girl would agree when I say that it feels as if the person can see through us, when they stare at us. Now, backward minded people will say guys only stare when a girl wears short and exposing dresses. I for one am a testimony myself. I wear traditional and most of the time tom-boyish outfits but no matter how covered I am, guys still stare shamelessly. So I may sound like a stereotypical feminist or you would’ve seen this in other aggressive posts, but my message to the community is : Teach your sons not to stare or misbehave with girls over your girls to not go out and wear covering clothes.
- The very thought that occurs to guys when a girl does something that she usually shouldn’t do, is backward. If you think you belong to the majority, then very well, this time majority sucked.
- Lastly, male partners who low-ball or take advantage of the females’ sacrifice for weakness, you guys will never be rewarded with good things. You think she gave up her posting for you because only the girls should? NO. She did it out of love and also secretly knowing that your proud ass wouldn’t do it. And if a person who is understanding is usually the smart person, we know that makes sense now.
So girls or guys who could relate to this, let me know and give in your thoughts as well.
I’ve hereby completed my decisively chosen ‘countdown to 50’ post, by my Instagram followers. Thanks to them for helping me decide and lastly, not every feminist is as stupid as they sound. You just finally start to hear what exactly men sounded like in ancient times and are unable to deal with it.
– Shreyy, who is a less crappy and sensible feminist to say the least.